Nouveau Perle Playing Cards stays true to the original idea behind the Nouveau UC2016 and Nouveau Bourgogne Playing Cards: A design inspired by the historical and mythological heroes and heroines traditionally featured in the French playing cards since the 16th century. The art style and design pay tribute to the philosophical and artistic trend Art nouveau, promoted and popularized in France in the late 19th century.
Perle adds an extra touch to this inspiration with a design that reminds us of the intricate nouveau jewelry. With a redesigned tuck, back, aces, pips and significant changes on the courts, Perle brings the jewelry feel with each and every card.
- The biblical figure King David as King of Spades
- The Greek goddess Pallas Athena as Queen of Spades
- The legendary character Ogier the Dane as Jack of Spades
- The King Charlemagne as King of Hearts
- The biblical figure Judith as Queen of Hearts
- The French military commander Étienne de Vignolles (aka La Hire) as Jack of Hearts
- The Greek King Alexander the Great as King of Clubs
- Eleanor of Aquitaine as Queen of Clubs
- The legendary Knight Sir Lancelot as Jack of Clubs
- Roman leader Julius Caesar as King of Diamonds
- The biblical figure Rachel as Queen of Diamonds
- The Greek mythological hero and prince Hector as Jack of Diamonds